Introduction to 360 video + WebXR for artists
With Olivia McGilchrist, Anna Eyler and Audrey-Anne Whittom
Sunday January 30th, Sunday February 6th and 13th, 2022
12pm-5pm (15h total)
135$ (tax included) *see conditions below
Workshop given by bilingual instructors
To register, contact email@example.com before January 27th 2022. Your registration will be confirmed once payment is made.
This online workshop aims to introduce the participants to a creative and critical process in 3 steps:
- Content creation: 360 video capture and simple video editing techniques; creation and remixing of simple 3d models using Blender (with Anna Eye).
- WebVR integration: bring 360 video and 3d models into a web based shared virtual space using the open source platform Mozilla Hubs
- Collaborative practice during Covid-19: join the class Discord server to create one virtual room together in Mozilla Hubs (alternatively, we can also have one “lobby” room which connects all participant’s rooms in one virtual space)
This workshop will highlight how artists can create immersive spaces which are compatible both for computer screen viewing and for VR headsets when available. Mozilla Hubs uses WebVR (also called WebXR and social VR) and is designed for users and makers to easily share and meet with others in a space of their own making, as a direct spatial experience.
- Discover a variety of artistic practices in video, 3d and VR, WebVR and multimedia presentations that are self-critical about their own use of technologies
- Explore the use of 360 video and 3d for VR and WebVR in order to create a hybrid and experimental presentation;
- Develop a new project or adapt elements of an existing project integrating these new techniques;
- Collaborate remotely with the group (with the option of inviting friends / artists at the end of the workshop)
Detailed course outline to come.
- Have notions in filming, editing and basic 3D creation
- Be a professional artist, creator or cultural worker **(see conditions)
- Commit to being present for all classes
Reservation / Payment
Reservations can be done by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full payment must be made for the registration to be valid. Payment Options : PayPal, check or cash. Registration to a workshop is not transferable.
Cancellation / Refunding
Ada X does not refund inscription fees except in case of illness or of absolute necessity. In such cases, inscription fees are transferable to another workshop or service offered by the center
Ada X reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time and without advance notice. In this case, inscription fees are totally refunded.
****Are you employed by a company with a payroll of $ 2 million? In addition, this training will be paid by your employer because you will follow in the course of your job?
According to the regulations for this workshop, people who answer yes to these two questions have access to training, but can not benefit from subsidized rates. The fare will therefore represent 10% of the total value of the training. In the event of more registrations than the number of places available, priority will be given to artists and cultural workers who meet the profile promoted by the program.
For any question or clarification, please contact us.
Image credits: night dreams of water (2020) a collaborative WebVR Hubs space co-created by Olivia Mc Gilchrist, Alisa Kobzar, Katarzyna Trzewik, Vlad Boyko, Anzor Ghudushauri, Lucy Fandel and Linus Miller