Introduction to application development on mobile devices
Instructor: Julien Beauséjour
Saturdays from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, February 14th to March 14th, 2014
5 weeks (20 hours + 1 hour at the end of the workshop)
$ 285 + Studio membership $ 50 – prices include taxes.
* All workshop materials provided by Studio XX.
Unity3D is a development environment for both 3D and 2D applications. Its versatility and easy handling allow independent developers and artists to distribute their projects on several platforms such as mobile devices, web, consoles and Windows / Mac / Linux applications.
As a participant in the workshop, you will learn how to develop applications exploring all the required bases for a good understanding of Unity 3D. The training will provide a strong base that will allow you to complete projects ranging from interactive artwork to video games.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Unity 3D and its programming environment
- Structure of a Unity project
- Unity 3D interface
- Import and Export Assets
- Creation of a navigable 3D scene
- Cameras, materials and virtual lights
- Export Windows / Mac / Linux and Web.
Lesson 2: Creating a 3D project
- Importing 3D models
- Using the virtual physics
- Introduction to C # scripting
- Integration of the sound
- Creating a menu interface
Lesson 3: Creating a 2D project
- Use Sprites
- The layers of depth
- Virtual 2D physics
Lesson 4: Export for Android
- Creating a project for Android
- Test of the application on mobile and tablet
- Presentation of resources for iOS
- Presentation of interesting Assets (plugins)
Lesson 5: Advanced Programming C # and answer to questions.
- Unity 3D does not allow the creation of 3D objects or editing images. Therefore, the participants must know how to use a 2D image editing software and /or a 3D creation software. Templates and images will be provided during the training.
- To test or publish a project on iOS, the participants must have an Apple developer account. Information and educational resources will be provided to the participants : developer.apple.com/programs/which-program/
This course will be taught in French by a bilingual teacher.
Minimum 8 participants.
This course is for beginners / intermediate. Price will be adjusted if this minimum is not reached.
These professional development workshops are aimed at artists and the self-employed. Studio XX would like to warmly thank Emploi Québec for their continued support of this important initiative.