Job Offer | Communications and Social Media Coordinator
Ada X is looking for a Communications and Social Media Coordinator to join our permanent team!
Do you want to get involved in a horizontal and feminist structure? Do you enjoy collaborating with artists to develop visual and textual content for various platforms? Do you have experience in graphic design? Are you interested in social media and alternative communication tools?
Ada X is a bilingual, feminist artist-run center for media arts and digital culture. The center supports the work of independent artists through residencies, workshops, presentations and discussions. It cultivates an environment of care, openness and collaboration by prioritizing the use of alternative and open source collaborative platforms. Ada X exists in its current form largely due to the work and contributions of racialized, disabled, queer, trans and/or non-binary artists, staff, members and collaborators. Recognizing the knowledge that comes from the lived experience of these individuals, candidates who identify in these ways will be given priority.
Deadline to apply: Monday June 5, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Interviews: between June 13 and June 16, 2023
Training: between mid-June and early July, 2023
Start date: mid-August 2023
- Develop and implement communications strategies to promote the center and its artists;
- Coordinate the written and visual documentation of the center’s activities;
- Write and/or translate a variety of communications content (social networks, newsletters, website, press releases);
- Manage the center’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, Discord, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Prepare and/or coordinate the graphic design of communications content;
- Prepare visual content for social media;
- Update Ada X’s website with text and media content;
- Prepare the monthly newsletter and press releases;
- Manage the center’s various mailing lists;
- Maintain the center’s profile on other platforms (partners, sponsors, community networks, etc.);
- Prepare press kits and visual documentation for grant applications;
- Communicate with media outlets and magazines.
- Knowledge of the media arts community or the arts and culture community more generally;
- Bilingualism (English and French), written and spoken;
- Time management skills, organizational skills, autonomy and ability to meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of and interest in visual communication tools;
- Proficiency in the Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign) an asset;
- Experience in managing online communities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Interest in online accessibility practices.
- 20h/week, including two days in-person;
- $23/hour with an expected increase of 2.5% annually;
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year;
- Flexible hybrid work environment.
Occasional evening and weekend availability may be required in order to assist programming activities or represent Ada X at events.
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your updated resume;
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your relevant experience;
- Two references (name, pronoun(s), email, phone and relationship to the person).
Thank you in advance to everyone who applies. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Do you have questions? Contact us at email@example.com