Responsive Web Design With HTML5 and CSS3
Instructor : Corina MacDonald
Saturday, March 21st, 2015, from 12 to 6 pm
1 day (6 hours)
$ 65 – price include taxes.
This workshop will introduce the basic concepts of responsive web design.
Participants will learn:
- the importance of supporting small screen devices;
- the differences between ‘mobile website’ and ‘responsive website’ design and see examples of each;
- the difference between screen size and viewport and how to use browser extensions to change the viewport;
- how to code a basic web page in HTML5;
- how to use CSS3 to make their HTML page responsive.
The workshop is intended for beginners new to HTML and CSS.
Participants should bring a laptop and an internet-enabled mobile device (smart phone or tablet). If you do not have a laptop you may work on one of the Studio XX lab computers. If you do not have a mobile device, we will share!
On the laptop should be installed:
- Firefox web browser
- A code editor, such as:
- Sublime Text (you can install a free trial version from http://www.sublimetext.com/ ) or
- Komodo Edit (free download from http://komodoide.com/komodo-edit/)
- Webdrive (download the 20 day trial version from http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/download/ )
This course will be taught in English by a bilingual teacher.
This course is for beginners (maximum 8 participants).