PAID INTERNSHIP OFFER | Archivist and Web Integrator
Does archiving media arts and digital practices speak to you? Are you a conscientious person, interested in feminist issues and their sustainability? Join the Ada X team as an Archivist and Web Integrator! This internship opportunity is presented as part of the Digital Skills for Youth Program, coordinated by Communautique. Double-check your eligibility below before applying!
Deadline to apply: September 6, 2021
Who are we? Ada X is a bilingual feminist artist-run center engaged in exploration, creation and critical thinking in media arts and digital culture. We support the production and dissemination of work by women, trans, non-binary and queer artists.
Job description: Under the responsibility of the Mediation, Archives and Networks Coordinator, the intern will be called upon to contribute to the development and integration of content (texts, images, audio and video files) on several of the Centre’s Web platforms, including the Matricules archive platform (ada-x.org/matricules), the HTMlles festival (htmlles.net) website and the DPI online magazine (dpi.studioxx.org).
Tasks of the internship:
– Organize information for integration and design the look, layout and data flows of the websites;
– Assist in the development of the center’s website architecture and determine software requirements;
– Integrate content (text and media) according to the center’s archiving standards;
– Meet the integration requirements of the graphic identity developed by the graphic designer;
– Test and perform quality and security checks.
The center operates in a horizontal management mode and encourages collaborative work among its team. Projects are carried out in committees where everyone can contribute according to their skills and interests. Thus, the supervision and support of the intern can be provided by different members of the team as needed, in addition to project collaborators such as Koumbit, the web hosting company, which provides technical support upon request. The center uses online platforms to facilitate collaborative work that the intern will be trained in. The internship includes a series of training sessions coordinated by Communautique.
– Relevant university or college education related to the internship;
– Knowledge of WordPress is an asset;
– Knowledge of image and video editing software an asset;
– Knowledge of good user experience practices;
– Bilingualism (French and English);
– Attention to detail;
– Good ability to work alone and in a team;
– Interest in media arts and feminist issues an asset;
Non-negotiables, please review! Candidates must:
– be between 15 – 30 years of age at the beginning of the internship;
– have completed a post-secondary degree;
– be legally entitled to work in Canada;
– be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person granted refugee status in Canada;
– not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits during the internship;
– self-assess as underemployed, i.e. employed outside their field, in a position which does not match their educational qualifications, or in part-time jobs;
– have not already completed an internship in a Career Focus Youth e-Skills program.
Internship Terms and Conditions:
– Location: 4001 Berri, space 201, Montreal AND online in the current context (a computer can be provided)
– Remuneration: $17/hour
– 40h per week, 6 month contract
– Start Date: September 6, 2021
The recruitment process for Ada X is open and transparent in accordance with our hiring policy and is overseen by the Board of Directors. Ada X exists in its current form largely due to the work and contributions of artists, employees, members and collaborators who are racialized, disabled, queer, trans and/or non-binary. Recognizing the knowledge that comes from the lived experience of these individuals, candidates who self-identify in this way will be prioritized.
To apply, send a letter of intent and your resume to email@example.com by September 6th, 2021 with the subject line Application | Archivist and Web Integrator. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Digital Skills for Youth Program is coordinated by the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and funded through Human Resources Development Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy (YES) program. Communautique acts as the delivery agency for Quebec.