Digital Audio: Creation and Production
Instructor : Chantal Dumas
Tuesdays, January 17th to February 7th, 2017, from 5:30 to 9:30
Deadline for registration: January 14th, 2017
4 weeks (16 hours)
$ 115 (taxes included)
Digital Audio: Creation and Production is an introduction to the different aspects of creating digital audio content. In collaboration with the XXFiles – a weekly radio show on CKUT 90.3FM – this workshop will introduce participants to a number of tools, including open-source software, to create audio art and soundscapes. Participants will create their own audio art projects, each step in audio production will be covered: recording, editing, mixing; as well as learning to work with different playback formats and plug-ins.
Introduction to free softwares and sound recording
– Introduction to softwares and various functions.
2. Sound recording:
– Introduction to the H4 Zoom mobile recorder
– Technical aspects of recording; theoretical and practical notions
– Recording session and discussion
Organizing a recording session, editing and presenting
– Exploration of software
– Recording formats
– Structuring a work session
– Learning various editing functions
– Sound effects
– Online samples and sound banks
– Practice inserting different elements into a session.
– Edit audio tracks.
– Experiment with effects.
Mixing and broadcasting formats
– The production line: from capture to distribution
– How to approach mixing
– Mixing controls
– Tools for a good mix
– Various formats for distribution
– Listen to productions
– Discussion and feedback
Photo : 86400 Seconds Time Zones
This course will be taught in French by a bilingual teacher.
This course is for intermediate students (minimum 8 participants).
Price will be adjusted if this minimum is not reached.
Studio XX warmly thanks Emploi Quebec for its generous support of these invaluable workshops.