JOB OFFER | Administrative and Financial Coordinator
Ada X (formerly Studio XX) is hiring an administrative and financial coordinator. In collaboration with the team and the board, the coordinator will develop a strategic vision for sustainable development in line with our mandate and values. They will be responsible for tasks related to the financial and administrative functioning of the centre.
Ada X is a bilingual feminist artist-run centre engaged in exploration, creation, and critical reflection in media arts and digital culture. The centre supports the production and dissemination of work by women, trans, non-binary and queer artists. Ada X exists in its present form in part thanks to the work and contributions of artists, employees, members and collaborators who are BIPOC, disabled, queer, trans and non-binary. Recognizing the knowledge that comes from these lived experiences, candidates who identify themselves in these ways will be prioritized.
Deadline to apply : November 2, 2020
Start date : as soon as possible
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Coordinate the strategic plan of the organization with the team and the Board of Directors;
– Coordinate the implementation of the strategic plan(s);
– Carry out funding research and write grant applications related to Ada X’s activities (operations, projects, equipment, Emploi Québec, mediation, etc.);
– Prepare and maintain budgets, and write final budget reports;
– Plan and coordinate administrative tasks;
– Work closely with the bookkeeper, accountant, auditor and all relevant governmental agents;
-Coordinate the annual general assembly and assist the Board of Directors in coordinating their meetings;
– Coordinate the committee(s) for which they are responsible;
Tasks shared by all members of the team
– Co-organize weekly team meetings;
– Ensure a presence at the center during its opening hours;
– Revise the texts produced by the organization;
– Represent the center at events and activities and with artistic and cultural associations and groups;
– Promote the mandate, vision and overall realization of the centre’s strategic plan by networking and external representation;
– In collaboration with team and Board of Directors, develop and plan long-term strategic projects;
– Participate in the development of anti-oppressive and anti-racist organizational practices.
Ada X operates according to a horizontal structure based on shared leadership of various projects according to the mandate, interests and strengths of each team member. The team cultivates an environment of caring, openness and collaboration, rooted in intersectional feminist and anti-racist approaches. The team uses collaborative and alternative digital platforms as much as possible.
– Involvement in initiatives related to current feminist and anti-oppression issues;
– Commitment to the practice of horizontal work methodologies, based on listening, transparency and communication;
– Studies or experience related to the management of a cultural organization and / or administration;
– Experience related to media arts;
– Knowledge of how a non-profit organization functions;
– Financial management experience (writing grant applications, developing and managing budgets);
– Very good knowledge of Excel software;
– Knowledge of accounting software (Sage) is an asset;
– Experience in a capital management is an asset;
– Ability to manage projects;
– Excellent writing skills in French; a good knowledge of English is an asset;
– Ability to analyze and synthesize information; good organizational skills and a good sense of priorities.
INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
Contract is 1 year, renewable.
Salary: $20/hour @ 28h/week. Please note that all employees are paid the same hourly rate
Interviews: November 2, 2020
Start date: as soon as possible
It is sometimes necessary to be available in the evenings and on weekends in order to assist programming activities, represent Ada X at events, and attend Board and committee meetings.
Please send your resume, a letter of intent and two references to appel[at]ada-x.org before November 2, 2020, at 5pm. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
We thank everyone in advance for submitting an application. However, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.