Internship Opportunity | Web Integrator
Do media arts and digital practices speak to you? Are you a conscientious person interested in feminist issues and their sustainability? Join the Ada X team as a Web Integrator! This internship opportunity is presented as part of the “Digital Skills for Youth” program coordinated by the Independent Media Arts Alliance and funded by the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada. Double-check your eligibility below before applying!
Deadline to apply : June 27th, 2022
Contract start date : July 5th, 2022
Contract end date : March 31st, 2023
About Ada X: Ada X is a bilingual feminist artist-run center engaged in exploration, creation and critical thinking in media arts and digital culture. We support the production and dissemination of work by women, trans, non-binary and queer artists.
Job Description: Under the responsibility of the Mediation and Digital Development Coordinator, the intern will be called upon to contribute to the development and integration of content (texts, images, 3D, audio and video files) on several of the Centre’s Web platforms, including the Matricules archive platform (ada-x.org/matricules) on WordPress and the new public project Allo Ada on the experimental platform adapted to virtual reality Mozilla Hubs.
- Organize information for integration
- Design the look, layout and data flows of the websites;
- Assist in the development of the centre’s website architecture and determine software requirements;
- Integrate content (text and media) according to the centre’s archiving standards and needs;
- Meet the integration requirements of the graphic identity developed by the graphic designer;
- Test and perform quality and security checks.
The centre operates within a horizontal structure and encourages collaborative work among its team. Projects are carried out in committees where everyone contributes according to their skills and interests. Thus, the supervision and support of the intern can be provided by different members of the team as needed, in addition to project collaborators such as Koumbit, the web hosting company, which provides technical support upon request. The centre uses online platforms to facilitate collaborative work that the intern will be trained in. The internship includes training tailored to the intern’s needs to complete the course as needed.
- Relevant university or college education related to the internship;
- Knowledge of WordPress is an asset;
- Knowledge of Mozilla Hubs is an asset;
- Knowledge of image and video editing software an asset;
- Knowledge of good user experience practices;
- Bilingualism (French and English);
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work alone and in a team;
- Interest in media arts and feminist issues an asset.
Candidates must :
- Be between 15 – 30 years of age at the beginning of the internship;
- Have completed a post-secondary degree;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person granted refugee status in Canada;
- Not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits during the internship;
- Self-assess as underemployed, i.e. employed outside their field, in a position which does not match their educational qualifications, or in part-time jobs;
- Have not already completed an internship in a Career Focus Youth e-Skills program.
- Location: 4001 Berri, suite 201, Montreal AND online (a computer can be provided)
- Remuneration: $23/hour
- 28h per week
- Start Date: July 5th, 2022
- End Date: March 31th, 2023
The recruitment process for Ada X is open and transparent in accordance with our hiring policy and is overseen by the Board of Directors. Ada X exists in its current form largely due to the work and contributions of artists, employees, members and collaborators who are racialized, disabled, queer, trans and/or non-binary. Recognizing the knowledge that comes from the lived experience of these individuals, candidates who self-identify in this way will be prioritized.
To apply, send a letter of intent and your resume to email@example.com by June 27th, 2022 with the subject line Application | Web Integrator. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This internship opportunity is presented as part of the “Digital Skills for Youth” program coordinated by the Independent Media Arts Alliance and funded by the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada.