Video Mapping: Video Integration in 3D Space
With Allison Moore
Friday, February 17th from 6pm to 9pm, Saturday, February 18th and Sunday, February 19th 2023 from 12pm to 5pm (15 hours total)
105$ (tax included) *
8 participants maximum
Workshop given by a bilingual instructor
At Ada X
**SOLD OUT -> contact email@example.com to get on the waiting list.
This hands-on workshop will introduce you to video mapping techniques using the projection mapping software Madmapper. This software is often used in media arts and in the theatre for projecting video footage onto a variety of forms and surfaces. By adapting projections to specific spaces, participants will be able to combine recorded and live footage in real time. First, they will develop a project based on process mapping and examples of video creation. Secondly, they will create a projection model based on prior examples and influences. Lastly, participants will use the tools they have learned to research and develop their own project which will be presented on the last day of the workshop.
The necessary equipment (computer, MadMapper license and projector) is provided for each participant.
- Explore MadMapper software ;
- Discover the work of artists doing video mapping;
- Become familiar with project management methods used in video mapping (technical constraints, necessary equipment, gallery or building projection);
- Create or edit a video as part of a video mapping project;
- Explore different textures/ materials and their interaction with light, using projectors;
- Make a model as part of a video mapping research project that will be presented to the group on the last class.
- Be an artist, creator, cultural worker or professional
- Be present for throughout the whole duration of the formation
Reservation / Payment
Reservations can be done by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full payment must be made for the registration to be valid. Payment Options : Zeffy, check or cash. Registration to a workshop is not transferable.
Cancellation / Refunding
Ada X does not refund inscription fees, except in cases of illness or of absolute necessity. On such occassions, inscription fees are transferable to another workshop or service offered by the center.
Ada X reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time and without advance notice. In this event, inscription fees are totally refunded.
* Some conditions apply
For any questions or clarifications, please contact us: email@example.com